Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why Pop Art died

This interview with James Rosenquist from Bloomberg.

Kazakina: Sounds like you have a lot of famous friends.

Rosenquist: It is fun to know the top people. Catherine Zeta-Jones gave me three wet kisses recently.

Kazakina
: That’s pretty hot.

Rosenquist: It’s amazing how you meet people through other people. I knew a racecar driver, Stefan Johansson, who was very hot. He introduced me to Jean Todt. He introduced me to a French doctor. He introduced me to a French architect who redid the Louvre with I.M. Pei. He introduced me to Daniel Boulud.

Kazakina: Is he a good friend?

Rosenquist: I had my knees replaced and I am in the hospital. Daniel calls me and says, “Jim, what are you doing there?” I said, “Oh, man, I am starving.” He says, “I fix that.” He sent over gourmet lunches and gourmet suppers. The chocolate desserts I gave to the nurses. They all loved me.

Kazakina: Does he own a painting of yours?

Rosenquist: No he doesn’t. But I am going to give him something some day. That’s the way it goes. 

Other OTN stories that pick on James Rosenquist:
Singapore blues